Supplier of safety and control systems for commercial vehicles, Wabco, received the 2011 Trailer Innovation Award for its Intelligent Trailer Program. This award recognises Wabco’s suite of innovative technologies that contribute to safer and more efficient trailer operation.
The award was presented by 10 major European transport publications and the German association of the automotive industry (VDA) at a ceremony during IAA Commercial Vehicles 2010 in Hanover, Germany.
“We are proud to win the 2011 Trailer Innovation Award in the smart trailer category as it demonstrates how WABCO technologies and systems continue to set new benchmarks for the trailer industry. Powered by our passion for innovation, we are committed to continuously improve vehicle safety while strongly contributing to driver effectiveness,” said Nick Rens, WABCO Vice President, Trailer Systems and Aftermarket. “Our Intelligent Trailer Program helps fleet owners to make trailer operation safer and more efficient, and as a result, operating costs are lower.”
Wabco’s Intelligent Trailer Program includes some of the company’s latest technologies:
• TrailerGuard™ – a state-of-the-art telematics solution.
• TailGuard™ – a system for safer driving in reverse.
• OptiTurn™ – for driver support when maneuvering and steering through curves.
• OptiLoad™ – a system that automatically redistributes cargo weight to avoid trailer axle overload.
• Trailer Immobilizer – a security innovation that increases protection against trailer theft.
• Trailer Remote Control – an in-cabin device to increase safety and operational effectiveness.
The Intelligent Trailer Program has been developed by WABCO’s as part of its strategy to reduce the number of accidents involving commercial vehicles by 50 percent by 2020.